[Gloucs] Local webhost recommendations?

Andrew Oakley Andrew.Oakley at hesa.ac.uk
Mon Mar 22 15:34:24 UTC 2010

Russell Hay wrote:
> I'm considering moving webhosts - and woud like to keep it local -

I was impressed with Namesco ( www.names.co.uk ) in Worcester, they're
quite fastidious about service quality. Disclaimer: I worked for them
for 6 months in 2008.

> preferrably a smallish outfit, as it's good to keep things

Namesco are about 70 employees, but sold in 2008 to the Italian telco,
Dada. Almost all Namesco employees are based in their office in
Perdiswell, Worcester (last I heard).

Namesco also run: www.poundhost.com

Andrew Oakley
Head of Software Development
Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA)
95 Promenade, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 1HZ
T 01242 211460  F 01242 211122  W www.hesa.ac.uk

Higher Education Statistics Agency Ltd (HESA) is a company limited by
guarantee, registered in England at 95 Promenade Cheltenham GL50 1HZ.
Registered No. 2766993. The members are Universities UK and GuildHE.
Registered Charity No. 1039709. Certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001.

HESA Services Ltd (HSL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of HESA,
registered in England at the same address. Registered No. 3109219.

This email is private and confidential. If you have reason to believe
that you have received this message in error, please contact the
sender immediately and remove it from your system.

No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any agreement binding
on HESA/HSL without express written confirmation by the Chief
Executive or an employee of HESA/HSL with director in their title.