[Gloucs] o2 mobile on ubuntu.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 27 14:07:06 UTC 2010

My daughter lives in Ireland,  and the only available broadband internet
access
at her location is o2  mobile, using a small usb dongle.

She used Windows XP until she got fed up with crawling operating speeds
due to malware
ostensibly in the registry.  We  installed Ubuntu Karmic earlier today,
and now the o2 mobile
dongle doesn't work.

The "help" line at o2 were not helpful at all.  They charge full price
until the end of the current contract
and  do not support operating systems other than M$.

Can anyone help me to get this gadget working.
One of may sons has offered to re-nstall XP.

Geoff