[Gloucs] New member

Matthew Phillips phillips321 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 22:02:41 UTC 2010

Linux logs all failed authorization attempts to /var/log/auth.log

This can sometimes be rather large file so to see the last few lines of a
file type:
tail -f /var/log/auth.log # the -f means follow so new failed attempts are
also seen

To test this install ssh and then attempt to connect to the machine from a
different box:
sudo apt-get install ssh

Have fun