[Gloucs] Virtualbox and USB

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Sun Oct 24 20:43:24 UTC 2010

'lo,

Am trying to access a USB stick from within a virtualbox VM but having
little success. From within virtualbox I can see no references to USB.
Googling suggest I need to add myself to the vboxusers group but I can
see no such group in /etc/group.

I'm running virtualbox on an Ubuntu Lucid Lynx machine installed via
apt-get. I've seen references to 'closed source virtualbox'. Could it be
there are two versions and I have an open source version while the
closed source version supports USB?

Just wondering if a quick post to the list can save lots of Googling.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies