[Gloucs] SUN Systems

Simon Fryer fryers at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 10:38:47 UTC 2010

All,

I tend to be a lurker here. However I am moving house (countries) soon
and have a couple of SUN systems that I would like to pass on to
someone rather than recycle.

One is an elderly Sun SPARCStation 2. I have undertaken the NVRAM
modification so that the real time close and NVRAM work. I think it is
maxed out with RAM and has a couple of small SCSI disks.

Second is a SUN E450. No disks and I don't think there is any RAM. I
have a SCSI card for it but the card could well be HVD SCSI.... I
picked up a couple of LVD SCSI cards on ebay for approx 10quid each a
couple of months ago so suitable SCSI cards are not that rare.

As external storage, a SUN 411 disk enclosure with a disk (1s of GB I
seem to recall).

I also have some bits and pieces. Some IDE disks (1s & 10s of GB),
68pin SCSI disks (1s of GB) and 50 pin SCSI disks (100s of MB).

I also have some 5 or 6 spud brackets.

Collect from Cheltenham GL50 2PT in this or next week. If I don't hear
anything, it will all be going to the Cheltenham recycling centre this
weekend.

Thanks.

Simon