[Gloucs] DVB-T Retune

Graham Nye glug at thenyes.org.uk
Sun Apr 24 08:13:24 UTC 2011

On 24/04/2011 00:42, Andrew Oakley wrote:

> I have been unable to get the Freeview HD channels, despite them being
> listed on the engineering sites as going live on Ridge Hill post DSO.
> Has anyone else managed to get BBC HD etc. via DVB-T on Linux? I don't
> seem to have picked up MUX3 at all (the HD Mux). I'm using w_scan,
> scan/dvbscan and me-tv .

The HD mux, PSB3, is on C22+ (482.2MHz).

Note that the RF modulation (QAM256 DVB-T2 HD) and video encoding (MPEG4)
have changed from SD Freeview (now QAM64/MPEG2). I'm not familiar with
your Freeview system but it is normally reckoned that hardware built for
SD use won't be able to support HD Freeview. You can't upgrade from SD to
HD just with a software upgrade. You'll need hardware specifically
designed for HD Freeview (along, of course, with suitable software support.)

--
Graham Nye
glug at thenyes.org.uk