[Gloucs] Printer, scanner and All-in-one's

Matthew Phillips phillips321 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 12:52:34 UTC 2011

HP printers are well supported on ubuntu by installing hplip
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/screenshots.html

sudo apt-get install hplip hplip-gui hplip-cups hplip-data

I currently use a HP Photosmart C5180 all in one (wired network printer)
Scanner can be accessed via web interface or directly via front panel. Scans
can be saved to memory card which is then accessed using smb as it presents
itself as a network share.
Printing works just fine.
It also has a extra 6x4 paper tray for the decent printouts.

It has 5 colour cartridges and a large black. I bought it from tesco over 2
years ago for about £50. I'm sure there are now better models out for
cheaper....

Let us know what you decide on.

Matt