[Gloucs] Hypervisors.

Bob Henson robert.h.henson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:44:04 UTC 2011

On 27/07/2011 11:13, GEOFF BAGLEY wrote:
> I am tempted to try out one of the available hypervisors to enable me to try out other virtual operating systems.
>
> My machine is 64 bit.
>
> Would there be a problem with 32 bit guest operating systems?
> These are the most plentiful !

I run 32 bit Debian using VirtualBox on my 64 bit Windows machine. I've
run 64 bit Ubuntu under 64 bit Windows too. If you run VirtualBox with
Linux as host you may have a few problems if you use the VirtualBox from
the various Linux repositories, as only the one direct from Oracle with
the Extension Pack handles USB devices fully. It does most things I've
asked of it, but I haven't gone into it in any great depth - I only use
it (a) for fun and (b) to test out and learn about Linux distros.

It may not surprise the experts, but I was amused to find I could run a
Windows executable using Wine under Debian running in the VB under
Windows - nested operating systems, no less.  It all seems a tad
incestuous to me :-)

Regards,

Bob