[Gloucs] Linux and slide scanners.

Michael Tonge mail at miketonge.net
Sat May 28 17:32:46 UTC 2011

For a large collection you'd be better of sending them to a slide
scanning service:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=slide+scanning+service&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

If you do decide to do it yourself, Nikon and Epson film scanners will
work with Linux, but check the support before buying:

One problem you will have if you scan yourself is colour correction. I
have a colour slide calibration target which I can lend you. I use the
Argyll colour management system for Display/Scanner/Printer calibration.
You can download the source and compile it for Linux yourself.

Let me know if you want to borrow the target.

Regards

Mike Tonge
07837 825730