[Gloucs] Type 1 hypervisor.

Bob Wilkinson rwilkinson at messagelabs.com
Tue May 31 15:36:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 04:09:00PM +0100, GEOFF BAGLEY wrote:

> Please can you clarify, was the Xen itself running on a Linux OS, and if so, which one ?  I would like Ubuntu  and also Debian to be available.

Geoff

I used Debian and followed http://wiki.debian.org/Xen for instruction.

> For my daughter, she also wants Windows XP,  which I do not use.

According to google this is supported too

http://mediakey.dk/~cc/howto-install-windows-xp-vista-on-xen/

I have never done this so can not confirm.

> What free software  hypervisors are there beside Xen, and qemu ?

kvm is built into the kernel, but requires more modern hardware than
any machine I have access to :-(

I think that vmware can do something similar but have not used this.

> Best regards,
> Geoff.
>
> PS I may get to see you at Message Labs one day.

Bob