[Gloucs] Future meetings and/or future of the LUG

Anthony Edward Cooper aecooper at coosoft.plus.com
Tue Feb 14 23:11:00 UTC 2012

Thank you Paul. But anyway no worries - it was bound to happen sooner or
later.

Reading the other postings I agree that if we are to carry on then more
advanced notice of the meetings and agenda plus likely attendance (as a
guide) seem like very good ideas. Interesting that some of the talks
were considered too advanced by some. I think all concerned would be
happy to `dumb down' talks to make them more accessible. Perhaps it's
for the Linux newbes to suggest topics that the more experienced members
can give talks on?... :-)

I feel that perhaps it's a bit premature to write off GLUG quite so
quickly. Maybe it's days are numbered but January tends to be quite
quiet after Christmas and new year and some of the meetings last year
were very well attended, better than they had been for some time.

Oh and by the way - I think Glyn has done and is doing a great job at
running the GLUG. It's known for being one of the more active ones and I
have attended some cracking talks :-) (Open Street View, OpenOffice
scripting, Infini-band high performance computing, kernel/system tuning
to name but a few).

Tony.