[Gloucs] Ancient '286 computer.

GEOFF BAGLEY geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 30 10:02:05 UTC 2012

We have a very ancient IBM 80286 compatible.   It is branded "Tandon".
It has both 5.25 inch and regular floppy drives, and the usual parallel and serial ports.

It has no internet connection, and no CDROM or USB capability/

It currently has Windows 3.1 and runs Wordperfect 5.1.
My wife has used it for over twenty years as a typewriter !

It really ought to be in a museum,  but I thought it would  be fun to try installing  some decent software such a Debian to see what it could do !

Any suggestions please ?

Geoff.