[Gloucs] Ancient '286 computer.

Björn Ballard bjorn.ballard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:11:05 UTC 2012

Hey Geoff

Not sure you'd get Linux on it. The x86 kernel uses features only available
on 386 and later. If you want to try a Unix-like OS you could give Minix a
go. One of the BSDs or historic Unixes may also be an option.

Or perhaps another project. At uni a friend wrote a boot into telnet client
on a 8086 in assembler.

Björn