[Gloucs] disk info

Graham Nye graham at thenyes.org.uk
Sat Jan 12 13:39:10 UTC 2013

On 12/01/2013 11:44, GEOFF BAGLEY wrote:
> In the latest Linux Magazine there is a potentially interesting article
> on  "di"  which is a disk info utility.
>
> I use Debian,  and di doesn't work.
> Is there a Debian equivalent which goes beyond df  ?

Is di present but not working, or not present at all?

On an Ubuntu 10.04 installation (a Debian derivative, of course)
di isn't installed by default:

graham at molly-v-ubu1004 ~ 506 $ di
The program 'di' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install di

Running the suggested command does the business:

graham at molly-v-ubu1004 ~ 508 $ di
Filesystem         Mount              Mebis     Used    Avail %Used fs Type
/dev/sda1          /                19274.7   6664.1  11631.5  40%  ext4

(I don't know if suggesting the required package is common across
Debian systems or is purely an Ubuntu enhancement.)

--
Graham Nye
glug at thenyes.org.uk