[Gloucs] Ubuntu support in Toddington

John Moorhouse john.moorhouse at 3jays.me.uk
Fri Feb 10 16:22:04 UTC 2017

Lyndon, many thanks for your offer.

It is a home spun NAS, high end quad core i5 processor, lots of RAM, a SSD for the boot drive and something in the order of 8+  2Tb SATA drives configured as RAID mirrors.

It has a Ubuntu server OS installed and I normally configure it via web-min over the internet, but this current problem means that it doesn’t get that far, so the apache / mysql servers aren’t running, it seems to be more an issue of accessing the boot SSD drive for the core OS rather than any of the specific NAS stuff

There is a full console Keyboard / Mouse / attached to it.

The trust has a website http://www.pettrust.org.uk/ with map etc on it, can I suggest you liaise with Craig Fees who is the trust archivist, who does almost all of the IT work there and he will be able to sort your access and will be able to help you there, in terms of usernames / passwords etc Craig has those.

Dependant on when you arrange to go over, I would probably be able to support you on the phone as needed.

Craigs contact details are

Dr. Craig Fees,
Archivist
Planned Environment Therapy Trust Archive and Study Centre: "Archive of the Year 2013"; "Most Impactful Archive 2012"
Church Lane
Toddington near Cheltenham
Glos. GL54 5DQ
United Kingdom

PHONE: 01242 620125

Many thanks again for coming forward to support us.

Regards

John