[Herefordshire] Mandrake updates

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 08:44:30 BST 2004

Hello David S,

You recently lamented on your Linux Project page that you had been unable to
get Mandrake to up date.

I had never tried this so I decided to have a go.

I first tried the Mandrake site and got nowhere.

I then tried Control centre/software/updates, I was asked to download a
large file but then got nowhere again.

I then tried System/Configuration/Packaging/Mandrake updates  I was again
asked to download hdlist.cz.  This takes about 1.5 hrs on a dial up modem.
However it then brought up a window with options for Security, Bugfix and
Normal updates.  This works and is currently downloading in the background.
There are 215 bugfix files to choose from.

Now another thought occurs.   Are these update files what would be the next
release, or would there also be new versions of the various programmes?  The
latter I would hope.

Does anyone know if there is a 'signature' feature in Mozila please, don't
seem to be able to find one at present?

Regards,

Noel.

--
Herefordshire Linux Users Group
www.herefordshire.lug.org.uk

---
This outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.