[inbox] Re: [Herefordshire] mandrake 10 power pack

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 23 23:12:42 BST 2004

On Monday 23 Aug 2004 22:39, David Shorthouse wrote:
> yea I do... I know you shouldn't run as root unless you need root access.
> I'm downloading the update & just looking I just thought it was funny the
> way it says it. :)
>
> Dave

Its just the Linux / Open Source sense of humour that you never see with MS.

My favourite is when you are choosing passwords using, useradd or adduser from
the command line. If your password is four or 5 letters it says, Its 'too
short' and try anotrher.

If you try a passoword or  3 letters, it says ' Its WAY too short '

Always made me laugh :-)

Julian