[Herefordshire] Broadband connection.

Malcolm Herbert mherbert at redhat.com
Thu Oct 7 07:56:19 BST 2004

my rural exchanges in South Herefordshire is due for broadband summer
2005 btw. (my delivery date is 10am, 28 July 2005). Likely that many
speeds will be limited to 256 or 512kbps

Modems with Linux are supported, but can take a lot fiddling with.
Better option is to get a route (recommend the Zyxel Prestige)
especially if you have a home network. Supports NAT, Bridging etc

Malc

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 07:47, Noel McG. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are due to get broadband, out here in the sticks in north Herefordshire,
> by the end of December.
>
> In anticipation I am starting to look around to see what might be needed.
>
> Now does anyone know if the modems that either Tiscali or Wanadoo supply are
> Linux compatible?
>
> If not, have any of you got reliable broadband connections up and running at
> present, with other ISP's.  Bearing in mind that this is for private
> purposes and needs to be reasonable.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Noel.
Dr Malcolm Herbert
Manager, Client Development             GPS, Red Hat Europe
m: +44 7720 079845   w: people.redhat.com/mherbert
GPG ID:  C051F446
GPG FPR: 68AD CBDD 8EEB 63ED 0802  4B8E A5B3 EB72 C051 F446