[Herefordshire] Broadband connection.

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 9 22:44:13 BST 2004

Hello,

It seems from your various replies that I did not give you enough
information.

I have set up and old Pentium 200 with two USB, two LAN cards and a very
basic  Mandrake installation to act as a firewall.  Well as basic as I could
get it, as it seems rather difficult to install just individual programmes.

I was then hoping to use this with a 'free' broadband modem from either
Tiscali or Wanadoo,  hence the query as to whether those supplied were Linux
compatible.

This now links in to the post further down from Mark re a lightweight
windows manager. Part of the trouble being that I needed something to allow
me to configure things other than the command line.

Any further observation gratefully received.

Thanks,

Noel.

--
Herefordshire Linux Users Group