[Herefordshire] Hello,I'm new here

Gary Watts gwatts at cmconsultancy.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 23:05:23 BST 2004

Hi there fellow Fedora user.

I'm running Fedora Core 2 and am trying to set up a secure Apache server
with PHP/MySQL, Openssl and ASP support.  So far it's taken me 3 days to
install all the latest versions only to find that the previous versions are
still running!  I uninstalled (rpm -e) php, mysql and apache from two
seperate PCs, on the basis that I would simply reinstall just the latest
versions, and now I can't get X to start on either, although I've got my
command line interface OK.

Interesting and frustrating times ahead methinks.  I will persevere though -
I'm the IT manager at a local firm with 25+ users and the problems I get
with Windows servers and workstations on a daily basis............

See you soon!

Gary Watts