[Herefordshire] Apache Versions

Gary Watts gwatts at cmconsultancy.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 23:48:31 BST 2004

Good evening all

I've just spent some considerable time installing Apache 2.0.52 by following
the instructions on www.developerside.net.  It all seemed to go through OK,
but when I type httpd -v I'm told it's still running 2.0.49!  I've set my
doc_root to /usr/local/apache2/htdocs, but of course 2.0.49 still treats
/var/www/html as the doc_root, so if I create a test file in
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs and point my browser to localhost it doesn't find
it.

Any ideas?

Gary