[Herefordshire] Apache Versions

Mark Broadbent markb at wetlettuce.com
Sat Oct 30 13:19:13 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 23:50 +0100, Gary Watts wrote:

> Good evening all
>
> I've just spent some considerable time installing Apache 2.0.52 by following
> the instructions on www.developerside.net.  It all seemed to go through OK,
> but when I type httpd -v I'm told it's still running 2.0.49!  I've set my
> doc_root to /usr/local/apache2/htdocs, but of course 2.0.49 still treats
> /var/www/html as the doc_root, so if I create a test file in
> /usr/local/apache2/htdocs and point my browser to localhost it doesn't find
> it.
>
> Any ideas?

Daft question, but you don't have Apache 2.0.49 installed on your
machine already do you?  Type:

# whereis httpd

and that should tell you where all the httpd executables are.  You
should be able to locate the older version.  Alternatively you could use
you package manager to search for installed versions of apache.

# rpm -qa | grep -E 'httpd|apache'

Thanks
Mark

--