[Herefordshire] Duff VCR

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 7 07:08:54 BST 2004

Another non Linux query I'm afraid.  However when the nights close in and it
gets cold and rainy I will delve further into Mandrake and its box and I
promise you lots of basic Linux questions.

Now thought, the problem is much nearer home.   With much patience I have
been putting up with a 'sick' VCR which is hooked up to my TV and a Sky
satellite box.  It has been showing a fault, on various non specific
occasions and needs to be unplugged to get it working again. It has now
reached the point that it is totally unreliable and a new one seems the only
answer.

Looking around, I see that on offer now are very basic VCR's or a completely
different type of machine, very much more expensive, with a built in hard
drive and capable of reading and writing a variety of DVD's. These are
stated to give superior quality of recording and playback.

Does anyone have or know anything about these DVD machines please?  Looking
at specifications has not helped me a lot and I am hoping for a little more
hands on user info.

Thanks,

Noel.

--
Herefordshire Linux Users Group
www.herefordshire.lug.org.uk

---
This outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.