[Herefordshire] - Reclaiming Partition Space

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sun Sep 12 15:00:18 BST 2004

Chris

The other things I would suggest is to delete everything that you don't want
or need anymore on your laptop - bit obvious I know, but its amazing what
gets stored in user profiles, temp files, temp internet files etc, etc.

XP has a useful tool to save space, that would be a start. If you have several
user profiles that aren't used very often you can delete those too. Also
C:/WINNT/system32/temp holds a lots of temporary guff which is rarely used.

As they always say - be careful ! Equally, you may find that your defragging
will go more smoothly after this.

Don't forget to empty the Recycle bin too!

Julian