[Herefordshire] First posting to the NEW Hereford'SHIRE' LUG !!

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 9 23:35:15 BST 2004

Hi everyone

Well I thought I'd try and be the first to post in the new Herefordshire LUG
mailing list !

One item that we discussed at the last mtg was venue. It was generally agreed
that since we have a spread of members all over the county that we should not
tie ourselves to just one mtg place all the time.

So if you know of any decent pubs, or free meeting rooms, in either a town or
village with :-

a) a decent sized car park,

b) Beer and food

c) reasonable access, ie car /bus/train

d) friendly landlord ;-)

e) A quieter area for the group

please reply !!

Just to be clear, the next mtg for August will still be at the Spread Eagle in
Central Hereford. Noel will post more details soon.

One venue i was thinking of is the Mortimers Cross - a country pub on the
A4110. about 12 miles from Hereford, 5 miles Leominster. It qualifies on
points a-d, Food is always plentiful, quick and cheap and there's  enough
room to host the mtg in their beer garden, weather willing. But inside its a
bit more tight so may not be most appropriate.

Any other suggestions ??