[Herefordshire] Internet connection.

Ralph Jones ralphkj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:24:33 BST 2005

Lo Dave,

If your problem lies with the Alcatel Speedtouch modem, this might help:
(if you have the silver revision 4 model as I have).

Go to:

http://speedtouchconf.sourceforge.net/

and follow the onscreen instructions.

Basically it involves downloading the latest speedtouchconf-xx-xx-xx.tar
file, as well as (in my case) the revision 4 firmware (rev4fw.zip). If
you have a different/previous model, just follow the onscreen
instructions as to which 'microcode' to download.

Extract the tar archive, which creates ~/speedtouchconf-xx-xx-xx, copy
the firmware/microcode into the speedtouchconf directory you've just
created, and the run "./speedtouchconf.sh" script.

I spent hours trying to get the thing running in Mandrake 10 and SuSE
9.1/9.2, using Drakconf/YaST. Now, I don't bother with the onboard
setup, and just do the above whenever I do a fresh install.

HTH
Ralph