[Herefordshire] Buried Treasure!

EdwardFW at aol.com EdwardFW at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 20:33:02 BST 2005

At Thursday’s meeting Matt raised his idea that members should put up lists
of kit they have that they are willing to sell swap or give away.
I said it would be better for people to ask for things they wanted. Matt’s
suggestion has a lot of merit but many of us will have a little or a lot of
stuff that would take a long time to describe, after which not much of it might
ever be wanted.
On second thoughts (in an effort to redeem myself with Matt - and BTW I do a
lot of recycling, I’ve done my share of cycling, I have so far managed to
resist a mid-life move back into motorbikes, and no-one has ever accused me of
dressing extravagantly!) could I suggest a compromise, that we keep it informal
and casual, but do a little more mentioning of things we are after and cannot
or will not buy new, and things we are willing to swap sell or give away
This happens already to an extent and possibly if we do a little more of it
there may be a slight self-reinforcing improvement in that we will get a vague
idea of what is likely to be of interest and what is likely to be available.
I usually keep computers until they are prehistoric and I keep the bits that
go with them in case they are needed as spares thus when something becomes
available it is usually rather ancient so I don’t usually have much to offer. But
I have:
One     Old ISA sound card (gigantic size)  Free (reluctantly!)
One SB AWE 64 sound card                Free
One     Belkin USB 2 "F5U220" PCI card (4 ext 1 int)    Packet of crisps at a
pub meet

And is there anyone among us who sells kit on eBay? I am too lazy / busy but
if Matt wants to promote reusing rather than recycling and also make a
farthing I would very occasionally have a few items

Edward