[Herefordshire] help - IPcop 1.4.5 / Speedtouch 330 v4 / Demon

Gordon Alabaster herelug at centaurus.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 23:30:21 BST 2005

Hi Matt,

I tried to send this on 22 April to just the mailman address but it seems to
have got lost (not sent back to me and did not appear on the Archive), so I
am resending it and including you. I think it failed because I used the
incorrect from address.

I have a Speedtouch 330 V 4 (silver) also on Mandrake (10.1). I spent days
following the guides from various Web search locations but they all seemed
fail. I noticed on startup that pppoa was trying to "connect (0.58)", which
did not match the VPI & VCI values suggested of (0.38). I had been putting 0
& 38 in on the configuration screens and 0.38 in the config file
(/etc/ppp/peers/speedtch on Mandrake).  I realised that 58 in decimal is 38
in Hex, so I tried using 0 & 26 (as 38 in decimal is 26 in Hex) on the
configuration screens and 0.26 in the speedtch file. It started working, so
one or both of these two is correct.
Now on startup, I see "connect (0.38)".

I have no idea if this is any help with your problem, but it may be worth
considering.

Regards
Gordon