[Herefordshire] old parts and qcad

j michaelson jmichaelson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:31:20 BST 2005

hello

it's john michaelson, i removed my old email address from the list and
managed to screw up the process of adding my new address. i'll have to
go to the webpage and see what i missed. in retrospect i shoulda made
sure that i had the new one working *before* i removed the old one.

i like the idea of giving spare pc parts to other members of the
group. i've got loads of old computer bits kicking around that i
really should be getting rid of. i'll have to sort and box it before
the next meeting.

i've been playing with qcad (  http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad.html  ).
it's an open source cad program that runs on windows, macs and linux.
my job involves a lot of technical drawing so this program will be
very useful to me. i used to work with cnc plasma cutters and they can
work with dxf files (which qcad uses), so i can design something on my
pc and email the file to a cnc laser cutting factory to make. very
tempting.

john m.