[HLUG] Getting rid of Linux Loader

Sue & Michael Ranyard smranyard at xalt.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 19:53:31 BST 2005

I'll try posting this question again, as I am completely stuck.

In trying to get rid of the linux Loader I have tried, without success, to
use the fdisk /mbr prompt.
Im using Windows XP and I've also tried both Command Prompt and cmd.exe.
Both these would not accept fdisk /mbr
Tried a windows 98 boot disk  and got message 'incorrect DOS version'
Made a DOS start up disk under XP and got message - 'bad command or file
name'

What am I doing wrong?

But now another question.  I have a copy of  Fedora 4 and Debian 3.1 to
try.  Both come with installers so can I just try installing the Fedora
over Mandrake.  Will the installer ammend the Linux Loader without me
having to remove it first?

Michael

--
Michael & Sue Ranyard