[HLUG] Just to say Wow!

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 7 15:37:20 BST 2005

Hg80 wrote:

> Hi im a new member but im not if that makes sense..... (i'm sure it
> doesnt so i'll explain)
> I've been dipping my toes in and out of Linux now for a good 3-4 years
> but recently i decided to Use Linux as my main OS and keep Windows
> (*cough*) for my games only as im a lan gamer with Multiplay UK.
> Basically i joined this LUG about 3 years ago but found it to be very
> inactive but now WOW, this LUG has come along way with meetings too
> I use to use Mandrake but my new install is using Kubuntu 5.04 and i
> would class myself as a beginner as i still have problems installing
> new software and drivers using the console, but im sure with your help
> this will soon change.
> In all fairness im inpresed with the LUG growing to what it is
> Hope to see you all Soon

Firstly, Hi Tim :-)  and thankyou for all your comments. It's good that
the LUG is going well. We sometimes wish we could get more members, more
done, new website finished, but ....... we are definately here, happy
and going along well.

We try to cater for ALL levels of knowledge, from none to guru status.
It doesn't really matter, how much or how little you know, as long as
you have an interest in Linux, and/or Open Source.

I might not be at the next mtg, as my wife is due with our first baby,
literally any day now. But hopefully I'll be able to meet you sometime soon.

Cheers

Julian