[HLUG] Setting up MIDI and audio editing software on Ubuntu

Matt Rhys-Roberts matt.rhys-roberts at q-par.com
Mon Aug 22 11:23:35 BST 2005

Hello,

After nearly 2 weeks incapacitated, I'm back on the block again, and
walking a bit like a penguin...

I've just started to look into getting Rosegarden working on Ubuntu. I
know there are some ready-made distros optimised for sound studio work,
but I'd still like to try to roll my own midi/audio setup.

Rosegarden fails to open properly, which seems to be to do with a
misconfiguration of its 'transport'. I'm struggling to get 'jack' and
'alsa' installed and configured; not yet sure how they interrelate.

If anyone has succeessfully got Rosegarden working on Ubuntu, I'd like
to know about it!

Cheers

Matt, Leominster