[HLUG] MIDI?????

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Tue Aug 23 22:35:59 BST 2005

Hi,

Most modern sound cards rely on a software synthesiser to play the midi
files.  It is highly likely you have one of these (even my expensive
Audigy used these), but there is not one installed under the OS.  I know
there are a few projects for software synths for Linux, but as I don't
play midi files on a daily basis I haven't really bothered.

Andrew.