[HLUG] floppy mount/umount on Fedora Core 3

John Hedges john at drystone.co.uk
Sat Dec 17 11:39:38 GMT 2005

Have you tried mounting with '-o remount'? Or perhaps umounting with the
-n flag? I don't know if either will work though as I rarely use
floppies. As you suggest though, you shouldn't have to reboot.

A comparison of /etc/mtab and /proc/mounts might shed some light. I
don't know why this information is stored in two places, but it seems
they could be getting out of sync. The disc is fine is it? Have you
tried another one?

John