[Herefordshire] February Meeting.

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 10 09:09:05 GMT 2005

Hello everyone,

Our February meeting will be on Thursday 17th. February at HCT at 7.0pm.-
9.30pm.
See the 'Events' page of the web site for directions.

Julian will be continuing setting up old PCs for the Voluntary &  Community
Sector of Herefordshire in Touch (Herefordshire Council's IT
 section).

Last time he was using Vector Linux.   Vector linux isn't so easy to install
as say Fedora or Mandrake, but on  the other hand does give you a flavour of
what really goes on behind the  scenes when you install Linux.

 This time, for ease of installation, he will be using Ghost for Unix [G4U
http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/ ], this  'clones' a HDD with Vector Linux on it,
to another PC . This should speed things up.

****
Herefordshire LUG has been going in it's new revamped form for some nine
months. Julian has been doing the new interactive web site, I have been
looking after the mailing list and the meeting bits and Box has been
arranging the venue. We have started to get to know one another and are
welcoming new faces as well.

We now need to decide how we are going to run in the future and to that end
I am hoping that we can have an open discussion. The time from 8.30pm -
9.30pm. seems suitable for this. So if you wish to have a say please come,
ALL of you. You need not come for the first part if you don't want to but do
please try to come for 8.30pm so that we get a good overall idea of what
people want.  The decisions we make on the night will determine how HLUG is
run in the future!

Regards,

Noel.

--