[Herefordshire] Mambo install

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:00:17 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew at hodgsonfamily.org>
To: "Herefordshire Linux Users Group." <herefordshire at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 8:41 AM
Subject: RE: [Herefordshire] Mambo install

Hello,

I have installed xampp in /opt/lampp  When I browse to http://localhost, the
Xampp home page come up and these are shown

MySQL database   ACTIVATED
PHP   ACTIVATED
Perl  ACTIVATED
Common Gateway Interface (CGI)  ACTIVATED
Server Side Includes (SSI)  ACTIVATED
PHP extension »Turck MMCache«  DEACTIVATED see FAQ
PHP extension »OCI8/Oracle«  DEACTIVATED see FAQ.

In a terminal window starting xampp brings up this

Starting XAMPP for Linux 1.4.11...
XAMPP: XAMPP-Apache is already running.
XAMPP: XAMPP-MySQL is already running.
XAMPP: XAMPP-ProFTPD is already running.
XAMPP for Linux started.

 I have loaded Mambo files need to go to /var/www, should they all just go
in together?

I am then told to create a new database for the Mambo site.How do I do this
bit? When I tried the given instructions in a terminal window it said that
it could't find anything.

You then need to create the SQL table and assign it to a username (don't use
the root username under MySQL!), and then run the install script.  Chances
are you will then have to do some chmoding to get some permissions changed,
but the script will tell you what needs changing.

Thanks.
Andrew.