[Herefordshire] Mambo install

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Fri Feb 11 08:47:28 GMT 2005

Hi,

If you used Mandrake Apache packages they may have already done most of the install/start work automatically.  When you browse to http://localhost, do you get an Apache home page?  If so, the Mambo files need to go to the WWW root directory (/var/www, /srv/www etc etc.  You then need to create the SQL table and assign it to a username (don't use the root username under MySQL!), and then run the install script.  Chances are you will then have to do some chmoding to get some permissions changed, but the script will tell you what needs changing.

Thanks.
Andrew.