[Herefordshire] Mambo - error

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 07:13:17 GMT 2005

Andrew,

When I want to use Mambo, I first have to start Lampp by opening  a terminal
logging in as su and then  /opt/lampp lampp start [I think]. I am then able
to tinker in Mambo. Might this have something to do with it?

Noel.

Hi,

The issue here is that you shouldn't have (and don't have) permissions
to write to the /root directory, but somewhere in your config it is
trying to write something there.  This is not related to the permissions
issue I was talking about on Thursday re setting permissions on the
Mambo directory.  This may be a LAMPP issue if LAMPP has given MySQL a
config that is trying to put files in /root.

I may be talking complete rubbish, but this is how I read it.

Andrew.

Now, when logged in as Admin, I am on several occasions getting this
come up saying that it is unable to write

'/root/tmp/#sql_19da_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13) in
/opt/lampp/htdocs/mambo/includes/database.php on line 184

Looking things up this database does exist in the dir as stated.