[Herefordshire] Re: SpinRite

EdwardFW at aol.com EdwardFW at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 15:15:44 GMT 2005

Julian

Re Spinrite, I don’t know of an alternative.
Four licences for a small firm is excessive
Some time ago I did the decent thing and bought a licence for our business
and one for myself (for the old version) since we have two (and a half) sites.
When I get further into Linux I may upgrade my copy if I do I’ll let you
know.
Does your firm know other small local IT firms that use Linux such that you
could join together and share the burden for one company to get the licences.
This firm could then kindly test drives for the rest of you.
Or could one of you at Q-par Angus buy a copy of SpinRite for personal use
and buy suspect drives from your firm then sell them back fixed?
An alternative would be to spend a little on extra hard drives and RAID etc.
mirroring / back-up for important boxes.

Regards, Edward