[Herefordshire] God you people think p166 is old :)

David Shorthouse kungfu at globalnet.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 19:23:28 GMT 2005

I don't think that vector Linux will work on my 486 SX2 50 machine. It is
about to go down the tip because I cant find a battery for the motherboard.
& it no longer holds any data in the bios so wont recognise any hard disks
:(

I think I have a good topic to start of the new-year... does anyone play any
good pc games (eg steam games) counter-strike,half-life,condition zero?? I
have been playing with my Suse 9.1 again & have worked out how to use wine.
But don't know if it will play my games. If it will does the spec of the pc
have to be better using Linux?????

Oh just a few other things while I'm on a roll.

I'm now swaying all my attention to internet stuff (eg
apache2,php4,mysql,perl.) I have installed all these as a default I've
installed a module(terminoligy may be incorrect) called webmin which allows
you to administer the machine using a web interface. I'm sure some of you
have used it. I am missing loads of the modules and wondered if anyone knows
what parts are must haves... for some reason my apache server wont start
unless I restart the machine. (I must admit I don't know the commands I
would need to start & stop it anyway) I'm interested in sendmail.. &
procmail which I can configure through the web interface but knowing nothing
about either I don't know which I should use...???

Oh another interesting fact just before I runaway to the other machine
again.

Has anyone heard of a Linux based system that looks like windows... named
Freedows it is a Brazilian project & apparently the lite version looks like
windows 98 but the pro version(pay for) looks & acts like windowsXP?

Happy New Year everyone :)

Dave..

I should be there tomorrow..
11 St Vincents Close,