[Herefordshire] Usb hub

EdwardFW at aol.com EdwardFW at aol.com
Sat Jan 22 21:23:47 GMT 2005

Then I suggest a powered hub, and with more rather than less ports so you
don't run out of them

And I suggest researching (esp. what works with Linux) and paying for a good
one. Cheap ones can work well but may have a power supply that gets quite hot.
I have never had one fail and I am not an electrician but they are on all the
time the PC is and I don't like it.

Some suppliers of things that connect to USB say their kit should be
connected directly to the PC, rather than a hub. I think this goes back to USB's early
days when compliance with the standards was poor. I haven't had problems when
disobeying this but a hub will also allow you to keep the PC's connections
free for anything that is fussy.

Cheers, Edward