[Herefordshire] linux

Mark Broadbent markb at wetlettuce.com
Fri Jan 28 15:29:24 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 12:22 +0000, John Michaelson wrote:
> i tried to install unreal tournament 2004 on ubuntu. ut2004 is meant to run
> on linux as well as windows, but i couldn't get it to run after i installed
> it. i thought that perhaps it was because ubuntu was a fairly small linux
> and didn't satisfy the dependencies, but i later tried getting it running
> under mandrake 10.1 and fedora 3 and it failed to run on them too. bit of a
> disapointment.

None of these distributions come with graphics drivers fully support the
3d capabilities of the cards.  The game probably doesn't run because the
relevant 3D support is available.  I have run UT2004 on my own machine
it does work! :)

Useful links:

NVIDIA:

ATI:
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

You will need the kernel-headers package installed to be able build the
drivers except if your using Fedora Core 3 which has them installed by
default.

> [...]

Thanks
Mark