[Herefordshire] RE: Asterisk

Chris Bond chris at logics.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 10:26:11 GMT 2005

> please,please,please bring asterix along to the next meeting,
> i really need to learn that one.

I'll bring it along as they deff seems some interest.

> my daughter may be emigrating to australia at the end of the
> year, my sister may be moving to south australia and i have
> some relatives in new zealand too, so it would be really
> useful to have an open source voip solution to keep the
> family in contact.

* would def be of interest to you, I'd suggest you use something like a
sipura (I'll bring along the whole setup so it makes sense more) for the
person in oz to connect to FWD (freeworlddialup). You can then get your *
box to connect to fwd and use free phone calls across the net.  I currently
use FWD and iaxtel to call toll free numbers in the US free of charge.

Kind Regards,
Chris Bond