[HLUG] Best distro for Apache, MySQL and PHP work? (incl. dotproject, OScommerce, music softs)

Matt Rhys-Roberts matt.rhys-roberts at q-par.com
Thu Jul 7 13:33:58 BST 2005

Hi all,

I've had a good run with Mandrake 10.1 on my 1.3GHz PC, and now it's
time to look for another Linux distro that's more industry-standardised
and professional. I require good implementations of Apache, MySQL and
PHP, in order to run dotproject and OScommerce; I am advised that LAMP
(in the form of XAMPP) plus  Mandrake may not be the ideal development
stack to run these server apps on.

The ideal distro must also be soundcard-friendly, i.e. will permit me to
run Audacity, Rosegarden etc. for my sound studio operations.

Answers on a postcard please to this address!! Cheers.

Best Regards,
Matt Rhys-Roberts
Leominster