[HLUG] Best distro for Apache, MySQL and PHP work? (incl. dotproject, OScommerce, music softs)

Phil Taylor phil at phil-taylor.com
Thu Jul 7 13:42:13 BST 2005

I do PHP/Mysql programming everyday of the week at the moment (Full time
job really) and I use Fedora 3 (and laterly Fedora 4)

Fedora has Mysql server, PHP and apache installed as standard and with
some tweaking you can get the up and running well. The implementation is
seamless out of the box, although they are vey much their own components
(PHP, MySQL and APACHE) and are configured as such by default.  Using
the following age should get you up and running quickly with FC3 (I used
it!)
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_3_installation_notes.html
http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-fc3.shtml

I would not receommend Fedora 4 unless you are using really good PHP
applications as it comes with PHP 5 as standard and a lot of older
applications have problems with that.

Phil.