[HLUG] CUPS needs password

Graham Cole g at gcole.uklinux.net
Tue Jul 19 08:08:35 BST 2005

 I think I know how this password problem started. In my OS I have a
six-letter password for root. This is not acceptable in CUPS: there must
be at least one number. Hence if CUPS has craftily taken on my normal
root password I am in an impossible position.
This raises a question of inbuilt incompatibility for some Linux users
of CUPS. If I'm right in my analysis I could go the long way round and
reset my root password then re-install CUPS. But in theory I should be
able to use the lppasswd command!