[Herefordshire] looping boot

Gordon Alabaster herelug at centaurus.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 17:52:48 BST 2005

I have installed Fedora Core 3 from a DVD that came with the Red Hat Fedora
Linux 3 Bible, on a second hard drive, along with Windows XP on the first
drive and Mandrake 10.1 on the second hard drive. The install seemed to go
fine but the boot just keeps getting to load Grub stage 1.5 (I think) and
then it starts the boot process again, looping forever. I have a floppy with
Grub on that I made earlier and I can boot from that into any of the
systems.

I have played around with the grub.confg file and have a duplicate on the
floppy, so I do not think it is getting to reference that.

I have tried to reinstall Grub on the MBR on the main hard disk, twice, but
the looping continues.

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Gordon.