[Herefordshire] HLUG June meeting.

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Thu Jun 9 22:57:02 BST 2005

From: herefordshire-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:herefordshire-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Noel McG.
Sent: 09 June 2005 22:30

[...]

>Andrew Hodgson wrote:

>>Hi,

>>I will try and make it, but we are upgraded to broadband on the 15th
so
>>I may be busy trying to sort out that mess!

>Here it just worked! Though on a single home box.

This is a home highway/ISDN migration, plus we are moving to a set of
static IP addresses, hopefully going to remove NAT from the equasion.  I
will probably have to hang everything off the one IP to start with,
because the whole thing will have to go over when I have time to get it
all over at once, because of access rules, DHCP allocations etc.

>>On another tack, what is the lowest bitrates you have used on Skype?
>>tried the windows version around 5 months ago and the calling quality
>>was dreadful.  I was able to make lan to lan calls, however, quite
well,
>>though not sure how easy it will be to demonstrate Skype features at
the
>>HCT.

>>How are we going to judge who are and aren't members of the LUG?

>Well if you have signed up to the mailing list and so we know who you
are.
>No walk ins.

That was what I thought but just wondered.

>Do you have a Skype contact name?

No - I borrowed someone elses for the trial - could have set up my own
but didn't want to - it was my sister as much as anything who wanted it
back then.

Thanks.
Andrew.