[Herefordshire] New to Linux .. Question ..

Gordon Alabaster herelug at centaurus.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 18:10:29 BST 2005

Hi Chris,

A while ago I installed Mandrake 10 as a dual boot on a second disk with Win
XP using NTFS on the first disk. It mapped the NTFS file system straight
away, read only of course. I recently installed Fedora Core3 on the second
disk as well. It did not map the Win file system and I had to find the
relevant articles on the problem and do some extra installing and
configuring of files. Of course I learnt more having to do the fiddling, but
if you want to avoid that, Mandrake may be the better choice for you.

On both systems, I had to sort out the Broadband using Speedtouch modem, but
you have LAN  and it looked as if they would cover that better.

Regards

Gordon.