[Herefordshire] HLUG Meetings

Graham Cole g at gcole.uklinux.net
Tue Jun 21 13:23:20 BST 2005

Noel
I do think you are getting it right for monthly meetings.
I was away in Carlisle and therefore missed the meeting with regret. I'm
happy to hear presentations because I have a lot to learn. However for
the same reason some informal chat and help would suit me very well when
there is no presentation. Maybe try to get a group discussion or 2 on
topics for beginners. One of my present problems is trying to set up a
SCSI card which is reputedly simple enough to not tell my auto-install
routine what it is. Therefore I need to give its identity in a grub
file. I would like to know where to give this info to grub. I also
wonder whether grub is the same in all distros which use it. I'm using
Ubuntu.

A question for Jools about Ubuntu now. I heard that it's easy to upgrade
but without broadband I started upgrading  from Warty to Hoary and found
the download taking more than 24 hours. I stopped and ordered (by email)
new discs for Hoary but 3 weeks later I'm still waiting patiently. No
hurry now as I'm off to Glastonbury Festival for a week. The question is
should it be easy to do the upgrade by accessing the Ubuntu site? Maybe
I had the wrong approach!
Graham